What is an Accredited Business Communicator (ABC)?
An Accredited Business Communicator (ABC) is a proven communication professional. The ABC is a brand of distinction carried by about 10 percent of all IABC members.
Accreditation through IABC represents a Global Standard℠ — a personal commitment to the profession.
It demonstrates a professional ability to successfully manage and perform the tasks essential to effective communication.
Meet IABC's Accredited Business Communicators.
Accredited communicators have:
- At least nine years of combined college and practical experience in the profession
- A broad platform of communication skills and strategic application
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver tangible results against business needs
- Experience providing communication counsel to others
IABC's ABC community is vibrant and filled with senior professionals who know how to get the job done in ways that deliver results that matter — everything you'd expect from a senior member of your team.
"When I explain to prospective clients what 'ABC' means, I sense an immediate increased level of trust and credibility. They recognize that being evaluated by one's peers takes courage, knowledge of the profession and a strong sense of self-worth that they know will be an asset to their business communication needs."
–Mary Ann McCauley, ABC / Chanhassen, Minnesota, U.S.
Top reasons to hire an ABC
When you hire an ABC, you are investing in a professional who can align strategic communication with the needs of your business and your audiences. ABCs are master strategists and big picture thinkers who:
- Plan and deliver meaningful communication programs contributing to organizational goals in ways you can measure against business performance indicators.
- Are experts at interpreting research as an input to inform strategic communication planning and implementation.
- See your business through the eyes of your audiences, and carefully analyze their needs, expectations and communication preferences.
- Know how to get to the heart of the matter with the right approach, the best channels and effective communication tools.
- Will ensure high-quality production within budget, focus on key messages and manage communication programs to deliver optimal results.
ABCs bring energy, know-how and commitment that help organizations solve business issues and take advantage of opportunities to grow. They are capable communication professionals who think strategically and deliver compelling and creative insights that build reputation and motivate audiences to behave in ways that benefit the organization.
If you're looking for a communication professional who knows the business, has a broad scope of experience and meets rigorous international standards hiring an ABC could be among the best business decisions you make.
For questions or comments, please email