2008 Communicating Social Responsibility Conference
2008 IABC Communicating Social Responsibility Conference
This conference is complimentary for IABC members. Pre-registration is required. We will not be able to accomodate attendees who do not pre-register.
Learn more about the value of corporate social responsibility during difficult economic times by reading this article written
by Michelle Bernhart, chair of IABC's social responsibility committee.
The storm in the global financial markets is challenging corporations to demonstrate responsible behaviour to internal and external stakeholders. How does the economic turmoil impact an organization’s communication about its corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives? How can you lead your organization’s CSR efforts and help your stakeholders understand the importance of these initiatives to business success?
Plan to attend IABC’s Communicating Social Responsibility Conference 12–13 November at the Marriott Brussels in Belgium. An indispensable event for communicators, this best-practice conference features Europe’s leaders in CSR communication and authentic case studies that demonstrate companies conducting business responsibly to better the planet, their communities and their employees’ work environments.
In two extraordinary days, you will:
- Meet Robert Swan, OBE, polar explorer, environmental leader and special envoy to the director of UNESCO
- Join Leo Martin, director at GoodCorporation, in a discussion about whether good corporate responsibility reporting produce ethical businesses
- Learn from Hilary Parsons, global public affairs manager for Nestlé, on how to build an effective corporate social responsibility strategy
- Measure the business impact of corporate responsibility communication with Jenny Dawkins, head of corporate responsibility research for Ipsos MORI
- Gain insight on the critical guidelines for sustainability communication from Solitaire Townsend, CEO and co-founder of Futerra Sustainability Communications
- Learn about a new International Standard for Social Responsibility, the ISO 26000, and seven areas that are critical for proactive social responsibility.
- Understand how other communicators approached the task with real case studies
- Hear from NGOs and government staff about what they are looking for and how to avoid greenwashing
and much more!
The conference is designed for communication managers, directors and consultants who are responsible for communicating CSR initiatives to internal and/or external audiences.
Take the lead in your organization’s CSR initiatives—and register today for IABC’s Communicating Social Responsibility Conference.