Communicating Change: The Vital Role of the Business Communicator
Experienced business communicators play a key role in major change projects in their companies or their clients. They benefit from having a deep and full exposure to the role of communication in change and the positioning of communication within a proven change management model.
This course is based on Managed Change™, a change management model that has been proven effective in all parts of the world. It will lay out the foundational principles and process of a well-managed change and position the communication element as a key component.
This foundation will be achieved through a set of six one hour e-learning modules reinforced with weekly real-time online web sessions. Upon completion of the Managed Change e-lesson participants will attend a one-day facilitated workshop focusing specifically on the tools and techniques of change communication and call upon the experience and expertise of the participants to apply those learning to their own situations.
What you will cover
As a result of attending this course you will be able to:
- Identify the core change communication principles based on a proven change management model: Managed Change
- Position change communication in the change management process as a tool to prevent or reduce the risk of resistance
- Demonstrate the use of change communication tools and templates to build a comprehensive communication strategy for changes of all size and impact.
View detailed course outline
Who should attend
This course is for professional communicators who are responsible for making change happen in organizations.
The course includes
- The Managed Change e-lesson - a six-hour stand-alone course broken into one-hour modules.
- Weekly one hour real-time online web sessions for e-lesson review and discussion.
- 26 March, Atlanta, Georgia: An eight hour facilitated face-to-face workshop built on the learning that occurred as a result of the Managed Change e-lesson. The on-site location will be at the Courtyard Marriott Atlanta Airport North/Virgina Avenue, 3399 International Boulevard, Hapeville, Georgia 30354-1346. Click here to enter the Courtyard Marriott website.
Managed Change e-lesson
The Managed Change e-Lesson for Change Agents is an interactive, self-directed, introductory course on change managment designed for individuals who are responsible for making change happen.
The e-Lesson for Change Agents is designed to build an understanding of the change process and examine the factors critical to successful implementation of change projects. Participants who successfully complete this program will have gained a solid, working knowledge of the concepts and challenges of managing change. Because the course is internet-based, subscribers have access to the course 24x7.
Attendance and Recording Policy
Participation in all the online sessions at their originally scheduled day and time is mandatory in order to receive a Certificate of Completion.
All live sessions will be recorded and available for participants to review for sixty days after the close of the course. Handouts of the weekly live sessions will be emailed to participants following each session. All online training modules will be available for sixty days after the close of the course. Handouts of the modules will not be provided.
One missed live session can be made up by listening to the session recording in full. Participants who miss more than one live session will not be eligible to receive the certificate. If you find you need to miss/have missed a session, you do not need to notify IABC. Simply view the recording for the content you missed and if you meet the eligibility requirements IABC will mail you the Certificate of Completion within four weeks of the last session.