You’ve mastered the various tools of communication. You can produce newsletters, intranets, emails, employee meetings, press releases, and events with one hand tied behind your back. But no matter how good the tactical work, if you’re not working from a well-built strategic communication plan, you’re not as effective as you should or could be. It’s time to take your communication to the next level.
This practical, hands-on course will take you through the step-by-step process for creating a strategic communication plan that will make a real difference to your organization and prepare you for a more senior professional role.
After this course, you will be able to:
- Discover the real issues that your communication plan should address (treat the disease, not just the symptoms).
- Ensure that your communication plan is aligned with business objectives.
- Gain executive buy-in for the communication plan.
- Define and understand your audiences.
- Set the right strategic objectives and design tactical plans to achieve them.
- Measure the right things (even on a tiny budget).
Career levels: Generalist/Specialist, Strategic Adviser
Costs: IABC members: US$375, non-members: US$525
Dates: Thursdays, 7–28 April 2016
Times: 9–10 a.m. PDT / 12–1 p.m. EDT / 16:00-17:00 UTC