The 2018 IABC World Conference takes place next June in Montréal and the call for speakers is open through 11:59 p.m. PDT on Monday, 2 October. We’re seeking break-out session speaking proposals, keynote applications or recommendations, and IABC Fellows Circles of Wisdom group mentoring submissions.
In case you were wondering what kind of content we’re looking for from speakers, sessions are categorized into five different tracks:
- Communication skills covers both what communication professionals need to know and know how to do. We’ll explore trends in the communication profession (particularly technology), the latest research and the skills needed to remain current now and in the future.
- Leadership and strategy is designed for communication professionals aspiring to a leadership role. This track empowers them to support business goals and build a high-value function with impactful approaches/techniques. Sessions offer case studies and examples of strategy in action for the function and/or the organization.
- Marketing and brand shows how to unlock creativity as a communicator and how best to support an organization’s brand. Sessions will offer insights and expertise on marketing to increase support for an organization, product or service.
- Reputation seeks to uncover the importance of stakeholder management and the role communication professionals play in building relationships in/outside the organization. This track incorporates social responsibility and the strategic role of a communication professional in times of crisis.
- Employee engagement uses case studies, best practices and the highlighting of creativity in employee communication. Sessions in this track demonstrate the power of communication in building a strong internal culture and the behaviors that support organizational goals.
You can help spread the word about this speaking opportunity
Looking for quick ways to spread the word about the call for speakers? Head over the the Call for Speakers Media Room to find social media posts you can cut and paste to share with your network.
Check out this video to get a preview of the 2018 IABC World Conference: