Role of committee
The IABC awards committee is chartered to oversee the strategic direction and alignment of IABC awards, covering chapter, region and international levels. It is charged with:
- Ensuring the Gold Quill Awards program is the leading awards program for business communicators.
- Providing direction, consulting, counsel and recommendations to staff for implementation.
- Ensuring appropriate governance and documentation is in place.
- Ensure the professional relevance of IABC awards programs through appropriate entry categories, entry and evaluation processes, and recognition of award recipients.
- Ensure high quality evaluation of IABC awards, linked to the Global Standard, through evaluator training and coordination.
- Participate in the planning and execution of the Gold Quill Awards program and annual Excellence Gala aligning to the IABC brand, approved budget and strategic direction.
- Protect and grow the reputation of IABC award programs.