Role of committee
World Conference is a high-value professional development experience for communication professionals around the world. The role of the program advisory committee is to:
- Conduct research and planning where appropriate.
- Provide direction, consulting, counsel and recommendations to staff for implementation.
- Ensure appropriate governance and documentation of the PAC process.
- Develop the content themes/issues for the World Conference.
- Provide advice and guidance to staff as requested (e.g., Call for Presentations process, theme and tracks, conference marketing).
- Identify sessions and speakers.
- Support the speaker invitation process (chair).
- Participate in the planning of the program content.
- Identify and recommend keynote speakers for staff to invite and contract.
- Review and evaluate presentation proposals.
- Recommend slate of speakers for each track.
- Develop strategies to fill open speaking spots (chair, vice chair).
- Recruit additional speakers as needed.
- Recommend onsite support strategies and participate in such support where required.
- Review and support communication of feedback to speakers.
- Promote the event to personal connections and audiences.