About the Foundation
The IABC Foundation is a charitable, 501(c)(3), not-for-profit supporting corporation. The mission of IABC Foundation is to generate resources to fund and support strategic initiatives in line with IABC’s purpose and to demonstrate the power of professional communication as a force for good in business and society. Over the years the Foundation has supported both small and large projects, moving the profession forward through research and education.
- Gift of Communication: Providing the tools and funding for chapters to give back to their local communities.
- Gift of Experience: Investing in experience-gaining activities for the next generation and those in transition through various channels which may include scholarships, internships, mentoring and more.
- Gift of Excellence: Supporting certification of professional communicators around the world
- Gift of Insights: Providing grants for targeted research that results in case studies, white papers or other publications supporting member needs and IABC thought leadership
The four pillars offer members an opportunity to connect, financially support and get involved with a cause they care about. All four pillars support the profession and the development of future practitioners. They also provide the Foundation with an opportunity to run campaigns to drive the critical mass of support needed for IABC’s initiatives to be financially viable and sustainable.
Gift of Excellence grant
Apply for the 2020-2021 Gift of Excellence grant. IABC members can apply for 2020-2021 Gift of Excellence grants, which provide scholarships to members in financial need who are seeking their Communication Management Professional (CMP) or Strategic Communication Management Professional (SCMP) certification through the Global Communication Certification Council (GCCC). Additional weight will be given to IABC members residing in areas designated as developing nations by the World Bank and International Monetary Fund, as well as those who live in an area significantly impacted by a natural disaster. For more information, please link to the 2020-2021 briefing packet.
Listening Project partnership
The IABC Foundation is excited to partner with The Listening Project. The Listening Project is an initiative of Howard Krais, Mike Pounsford and Kevin Ruck. They share a desire to improve the way organizations listen to their people, and communicators to their audiences. The Listening Project comprises surveys, interviews, reports, webinars, an online course and workshops and will shortly be launching a global listening survey to all IABC Members. To learn more, you can download a copy of the report below.
Click below to watch their latest webinar From Lip Service to Leadership – developing listening as a key communication capability.
Listening is more important than ever in the post COVID-19 world. This webinar provides the lessons and an update on global good practice from the IABC Foundation’s Listening Project team as they prepare to launch and involve the IABC membership in its first global listening survey.GET THE REPORT Watch THE WEBINAR
Gallagher’s State of the Sector 2021 report has landed!
We’re pleased to support the launch of State of the Sector – the definitive global survey of the internal communication and employee engagement landscape, brought to you by Gallagher.
After what has been an undeniably extraordinary year, the report is a great way to benchmark your internal communication channels and investment. It’s also a useful guide to navigating the holistic communication challenges facing organizations, including…
- Digital experience: how have organizations adapted their communication channels to suit today’s environment, and with what success?
- Employee experience (EX): are employers actually embracing this, and how well are they implementing the different components of EX?
- Transformation: what changes are organizations going through, and what does good communication look like when it comes to keeping employees on side during a business transformation?
- Insight: how are organizations turning data into actions, and what are the barriers to measuring the impact and effectiveness of communication?
The report also explores the budget and resource dedicated to internal communication and employee experience, the shifts in use and performance of communication channels, priorities and challenges for 2021, and the importance placed on line managers in delivering communication and engagement.
To understand more about this survey and its results, you can review the 2021 State of the Sector report below. You can also register for the webinar where Matt Holden and Andy Macleod will explore some of the key themes covered in the report.GET THE REPORT REGISTER FOR THE WEBINAR
Centre for Strategic Communication Excellence partnership
The IABC Foundation is thrilled to partner with Centre for Strategic Communication Excellence to support the development of the 3rd Annual Communicating Artificial Intelligence (AI) Survey. This global survey focuses on communication professionals who use communication tools in their work by discovering–why they use communication tools, how they choose the tools they use, and the impact these tools have had on their work. By participating, you add your voice to a global network of communication professionals who are joining together to embrace AI and increase the value and effectiveness of their communication work.