Recorded on 30 January 2018
It’s the dirty little secret of the business world: Between 80 and 95 percent of employees don’t know or understand their organization’s strategy. And it occurs regardless of how good the strategy is.
Using industry case studies, this presentation will highlight:
- Why communicating strategy fails.
- How strategy can be converted into a co-designed story that can be told and retold, so everyone has clarity on what the organization is trying to achieve.
- Identifying and tackling anti-stories that prevent progress.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- How to craft a strategy story that is owned by your most important influencers.
- What a business story looks and sounds like and how to spot good ones.
- Three big mistakes novices make when starting out with story techniques.
This content is available to IABC members only. If you are a member, log in below.Forgot your password? Reset it here
Presenter/Shawn Callahan, is the author of Putting Stories to Work and the founder at Anecdote, the world’s largest business storytelling company. Shawn started his career in tech with companies such as Oracle and IBM but realized that, at the end of the day, it was the human factors that determined the success of any enterprise. In 2004, he founded Anecdote, a firm that helps leaders and sellers find and tell great oral stories. He works with Global 1,000 companies and a global network of partners. His book Putting Stories to Work won a gold medal in the 2017 Axiom BusinessBook Awards in the category of Networking (social networking, communication skills).