The International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) Academy is looking for experts in strategic communication, public relations, reputation management, marketing communication, leadership coaching, corporate and employee communication and writing/editing to serve as as instructor for the IABC Academy.
The IABC Academy delivers strategic communication education and training through online courses to help communication professionals advance in their careers, prepare for CMP and SCMP professional certification, and generate tangible business results for their organizations and clients.
Instructors will work with an instructional designer to create a one-hour, asynchronous, on-demand online course. The instructor will develop original course content. No ongoing student interaction will be required of the instructor once the finished course is launched through the IABC Academy.
IABC courses are classified into the following categories:
- Advising and leading
- Consistency and implementation (e.g., media relations, writing, social media, etc.)
- Management (e.g., project management techniques, developing/leading highly effective teams, etc.)
- Measurement (e.g., research and analysis)
- Reputation management (e.g., managing and enhancing organizational reputation)
- Strategy and engagement (e.g., change communication, strategic communication essentials)
- Ethics (e.g. cultural sensitivity, IABC code of ethics)
- Innovation (e.g. unique approaches to communication implementation, design thinking)
- Other/special topics (e.g., internal communication measures that matter, a leadership perspective on social media)
IABC Academy courses align with the Global Standard and career levels for the communication profession.
Current course opportunities
We have some specific courses next up for development. Please indicate in your informational email if you would like to share your expertise in one of these topics. Current course development opportunities available:
- Measurement in Internal Communications. A CMP-level course aimed at the Foundation or Generalist/Specialist level. It could be the first of a series of courses.
- Social Media for Leaders or Develop Your Social Media Strategy. An SCMP-level course for the Strategic Advisor level in the domain of strategy development.
- Design Thinking for Communicators: An Introduction. An SCMP-level course that serves as an introduction to the topic in the domain of innovation.
In return, instructors receive the following:
- A small honorarium for their time and effort.
- Exposure as a subject matter expert to IABC’s 10,000+ members and subscribers spread across 70 countries.
- Opportunities to build a professional brand as an industry expert.
- An invaluable way to give back to the profession.