Recorded on 9 May 2018
Today, the world is a much different place than it was twenty years ago. Yet, we still rely on approaches to strategy that were developed in the 20th century (and a few that were developed over 2000 years ago). We need to move beyond the old methods to what works in our digital, global, rapidly changing world. In this active, engaging webinar, well explore the five shifts organizations and individuals need to make in order to lead strategy and communicate effectively in the 21st century.
In this session, you will learn:
- What the shift to a deeply interconnected, digitally ubiquitous, global world means for organizations and individuals.
- The five shifts of thinking youll need to succeed in strategy and communication in the 21st Century.
- The practical implications of the five shifts to your practice.
- “Is Your Strategy Stuck in the 20th Century” and “Four Strategic Questions for the 21st Century“
- The eight-word mission statement
- Liberating Structures tools for engaging groups and broadening perspectives
Presenter/Maya Townsend, helps individuals, teams, and organizations thrive in our networked world. Through her company, Partnering Resources, she uses the science underlying human relationships to make soft skills generate hard results. She serves on the Editorial Review Board for OD Practitioner. Her articles are regularly published by venues such as Inc.Com, CIO.Com, People + Strategy, and Nonprofit Quarterly. As co?editor of The Handbook for Strategic HR, Townsend will happily tell you why you should throw out your performance reviews and why most HR departments need a total makeover.
Presenter/Martha Miser, focuses on disrupting organizations, so that people think differently about themselves and relationships, leading to organizations that are more awake, passionate, human and focusedall of which adds up to better business results. Her company, Aduro Consulting, serves a range of domestic and multinational companies. Prior to starting her consulting business, Miser held leadership positions in several organizations, including Global Head of Leadership and Change for ING Bank in the Netherlands. Her newsletter, Exploring Leadership, examines the unique challenges of 21st century leadership.