Looking for an opportunity to pay-it forward – and give back to the profession? Here’s a way you can do just that: step up and serve on the new IABC Foundation Committee.
At the 2016 World Conference in New Orleans, the IABC Foundation was re-launched – focused on driving IABC’s mission to drive communications as a force for good in business and society.
What is the IABC Foundation?
The mission of the IABC Foundation is to generate resources to fund and support strategic initiatives in line with IABC’s mission and to demonstrate the power of professional communication as a force for good in business and society.
Your opportunity to lead at the strategic level
The Foundation Trustees are now seeking to establish a new committee that will provide strategic guidance and execute the activities of the IABC Foundation. Specifically, across the development of these four pillars as part of the revitalization plan:
- Gift of Communication – Providing the tools and funding for chapters to give back to their local communities.
- Gift of Experience – Invest in experience-gaining activities for the next generation and those in transition. Includes scholarships, internships, mentoring and more.
- Gift of Excellence – Support certification of professional communicators around the world
- Gift of Insights – Grants for targeted research that results in case studies, white papers or other publications supporting member needs, IABC thought leadership and advocacy for the profession.
Learn more in this brief Q&A paper.
Who are we looking for?
To implement the revitalization plan, committee members need to have an understanding of:
- Philanthropy and fundraising
- Strategy setting
- Finance and marketing.
Vacant Positions: Chair, Vice Chair – and Committee Members-at-Large.
How to apply?
We are inviting IABC members in good standing to apply, or nominate a colleague – and please help spread the word. This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference.
Email email@example.com with the following:
- IABC Foundation Committee Application Form_2016, completed
- Short résumé or curriculum vitae (Word or PDF files preferred)
Deadline for submissions is Deadline passed.
All nominations will be treated confidentially by my Nominating Committee. The committee will review all submissions and then submit a list of recommendations to the International Executive Board (IEB) for approval. All applicants will be notified of the final decisions in September.
Questions? Email Kirsten Peterson, IABCs Governance Manger