Recorded on 10 December 2019
Learn why video is pivotal to effective internal communication. You’ll hear firsthand from Stanley Black & Decker on how they developed their digital training program with video to increase employee engagement. You’ll also learn what types of video are most effective for boosting employee engagement, accelerating on-boarding and transmitting secure communication.
- The importance of effective internal communication.
- How Stanley Black & Decker developed their digital training program with video.
- Stanley Black & Decker’s video program overview.
- Transitioning to a video centric communication strategy.
- Tips for effectively using video internally.
- Key learnings and recommendation.
- Effective programs require continuous content available to maintain engagement.
- Internal comms programs fight for attention just like external marketing programs—approach internal comms just like a marketer. Promote the content to compete with other draws for employee attention.
- Define what metrics matter to your program—test, and use those metrics to guide how you develop content moving forward.
Here is a link to the slides for your reference.
Presenter/Jesse Ariss, senior product marketing manager at Vidyard, lives in the world between product and marketing, helping guide Vidyard’s strategy and direction. Ariss loves spending time with customers, making sure that he’s closely aligned with their needs and requirements.
Presenter/Dan Alia is the national training director at Stanley Black & Decker. He has 14 years’ experience with the company in a wide variety of sales, marketing, training and leadership roles, and is absolutely loving his position as the head of Stanley Black & Decker University. At this world class training facility in Towson MD, he and his team train more than 2500+ employees, customer, and end users on an annual basis on product knowledge, sales and management skills, leadership development and soft skills. When he is not at SBDU, he enjoys spending quality time with his wife Angie and 2 boys Ben & Ethan, whether that is battling with Nerf guns, playing with Legos, and or taking trips together.
Solution Provider/Vidyard is the video platform for business that helps organizations drive more revenue through the use of online video. Going beyond video hosting and management, Vidyard helps businesses drive greater engagement in their video content, track the viewing activities of each individual viewer, and turn those views into action. Global leaders such as Honeywell, LinkedIn, Citibank and Sharp rely on Vidyard to power their video content strategies and turn viewers into customers.