Recorded 14 September 2017
News no longer breaks; it tweets. Today’s crisis news moves faster than ever, shortening the timeframe companies have to respond to little more than a few minutes. And contrary to conventional wisdom, a great reputation and solid social media engagement only set the bar higher for crisis management performance. Imagine yourself in the following situations:
- The first images you receive after one of your aircraft crashes come through tweets from people at the airport.
- Social media lights up with discussion about severe product failures.
- You receive a letter from an activist group announcing they will launch a campaign against your company on Monday unless you meet their demands today.
To be successful in a crisis, companies must do more, and do it faster, than ever before. And authentic engagement is critical: as companies respond to crises, they must continue to meet the stakeholder expectations they’ve set.
In this webinar, you will:
- Learn how to use social/digital analytics to understand what you’re facing.
- Hear about ways to ensure your social media program is prepared for a crisis.
- Learn how to respond immediately in social media while letting crisis management strategy catch up.
Here you will find a PDF of the slides for your reference.
Presenter/Chris Nelson, leads FleishmanHillard’s crisis management practice in the Americas, responsible for all crisis work, issues management, labor relations, litigation communication, and cyber security. Nelson has led international crisis teams for nearly 25 years, counseling management teams at some of the most respected companies in the world.
Presenter/Ryan Smith, leads FleishmanHillard’s digital crisis capabilities in the Americas, focused on social media forensics, conversation analytics, and digital crisis response strategy. Smith also serves as the global insights and analytics lead with 15 years’ of experience, overseeing teams that translate social data into actionable insights.
Solution provider / Rock Dove, is the developer of an award-winning crisis app, “In Case of Crisis,” that gives you and stakeholders the ultimate speed of response when you need it most. The crisis app provides fingertip access and immediate activation of your crisis reponse plans and teams. In Case of Crisis is used by over 750 public and private institutions globally. To improve your speed of response in a crisis visit: www.rockdovesolutions.com or call 1-800-787-1639.