The Leadership Institute (LI) is an opportunity for IABC chapter, regional and international leaders to come together to share best practices and learn how to create programs and services that keep members active and involved. It’s a fantastic opportunity to network with fellow leaders, build strong relationships and learn new skills useful in your IABC position and beyond. LI is held in February of each year.
Save the date for the 2020 Leadership Institute
The 2020 Leadership Institute will be taking place in Austin, Texas, at The Westin Austin Downtown from 20-22 February. Program details will be shared in the coming months, but here are a few reasons to start planning your trip to Austin for the 2020 LI:
- Connect: Meet with IABC leaders from around the world to share best practices and exchange ideas.
- Leadership Development: Learn success tips from IABC leaders that can easily be applied to your chapter or region.
- Sunshine: Austin is one of the sunniest cities in the U.S. and averages 300 sunny days per year.
- Food: Tacos, BBQ, and food trucks galore. Chef's are flocking to Austin and reinventing the culinary scene. This will be an epic Dine Around!
- Music: Known as the live music capital of the world, Austin has more than 200 live music venues and more than 1,900 bands that perform in and around the city.
- Culture: Visit the Cathedral of Junk, visit a museum, or any of the entertainment districts.
Whether you like to spend time indoors or outdoors, there is sure to be something you'll love about Austin. See you there!
Didn't make it to the 2019 LI? Take a look at some of the session materials below.
Design experiences your members love to attend from keynote speaker, Cynthia D'Amour, MBA
Meeting experiences starter kit designed by attendees of the 2019 Leadership Institute
Simple networking events that members love by Corey Connors, Connie Mayse, IMBA, and Hayley Collins
From bust to bang: Turning around IABC Waterloo by Mackenzie Clement & Katie McQuaid (IABC Waterloo)
Delivering member value within your chapter by Jazial Crossley, MBA (IABC Wellington)
Work, Life, Leadership: You Pick 2? by Michael Deas, ABC, SCMP (IABC Nashville)
Engaging young professionals in your chapter by Kaleigh Maclaren and Samantha Rae Ayoub (IABC Ottawa)
Board recruitment strategies for small chapters by Kristy Christie (IABC Malaysia)
IABC MasterMinds- Engaging the experienced chapter members by Joanne Henry, SCMP and Susan Otten, MBA, ABC, SCMP (IABC Minnesota)
The Secret Sauce: How to Recruit & Manage Volunteers and Leave Them Wanting More by Kamna Narain (IABC San Francisco)
Case study: Partnering with universities to engage corporate members by Victor Zalakos, SCMP (IABC Canberra)