Apply now for the 2023-2024 IABC International Executive Board (IEB). Beginning 18 November, we welcome applications from senior business leaders around the globe who are ready to serve our international community at the highest level.
The International Executive Board (IEB) is the governing body of IABC. With responsibility and accountability to IABC members, the IEB supervises and controls the direction of the association. It actively pursues the association’s purpose. It determines and defines association policy within the limits of the law, Bylaws, and Articles of Incorporation. It upholds the IABC Code of Ethics for professional communicators and supervises disbursement of the association’s funds. The Executive Board develops the strategic plan and direction for the association, and serves as the Board of Trustees for the IABC Foundation.
What is the role of the IEB?
- To develop the strategic plan and guide the direction for the association
- To actively pursue the association’s purpose
- To determine and uphold policy within limits of the law, Bylaws, and Articles of Incorporation
- To uphold the IABC Code of Ethics for communication professionals
- To supervise disbursement of the association’s funds
- To serve as the Board of Trustees for the IABC Foundation
Vacancies on the 2023-2024 IEB include:
- Vice Chair (one year term- 3 year commitment serving as chair, vice chair, and past chair)
- Secretary/Treasurer (one-year term)
- Three Directors (three-year terms)
Who we are looking for:
IABC is committed to operating as a diverse and inclusive organization, including appointing a diverse board who together collate a range of perspectives, wisdom and abilities to enable the association to achieve its strategic goals.
We are seeking candidates who demonstrate:
- Senior leadership experience
- Belief in IABC’s vision and purpose and embodiment of IABC shared values
- Global experience and understanding of trends impacting the communication profession
- The business acumen required to fulfill the board’s fiduciary duties and organizational oversight. This includes strategic business thinking, management and business oversight experience, deep expertise in the communications profession, and risk management
You also must be an IABC member in good standing to be eligible to serve on the IEB.
If you have additional questions about the IEB nominations process, please join us for the virtual informational and Q&A sessions on Monday, 12 December 2022. Register for the 9 a.m. CST session here and the 9 p.m. CST session here. This is an opportunity for those interested in nominating for a board role to talk with Danielle Bond, the nominating committee chair, about serving on the IEB.
To apply, please review this Board Candidate Briefing Packet which includes more details about the positions and the application process. Applications must be submitted by Sunday, 8 January 2023 before 11:59 p.m. CST. Please direct any questions about your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.